Are You Stressed?
Modern life is stressful and it’s not going to be any different anytime soon. Stress can be debilitating, take over your life and suck the joy out of you. It affects your family and social life and interferes with your work so it makes sense to learn better stress management, now and for the future.
I’ll help you to identify and recognise what’s causing your stress. We’ll work on changing the way you think about it so that you can significantly change the way it affects you, both physically and mentally.
You can then use the energy you used to waste on stress to do the things you really want to do and become more effective when you’re under pressure – in all areas of your life. This benefits your work, your relationships, your sleep and your health in general.
It’s like putting down a burden – you feel lighter, more confident and able to cope.
My combination of Coaching, NLP and Cognitive Hypnotherapy will help you to identify your stress, how it’s triggered, when it’s triggered, and then control the feelings and reactions around it.
Then you can change old habits that were keeping you stressed and stuck so that you can get better at stress – and handle whatever challenge life throws at you.
Not sure if it’s stress?
It can be hard to recognise when you are stressed because it creeps up on you. It appears that you’re coping; you’re juggling all those plates but it’s hard work, tiring and the cracks begin to show. You drop a plate here and there and that worries you. It feels like you’re losing your edge; you try vitamins, strong coffee, sleep aids but none of them work and eventually your body and your brain will begin to shout at you to slow down, take stock and manage your stress better.
The thing is that because the symptoms of stress can be so varied it’s sometimes hard to realise that’s what you’re experiencing, and you don’t realise until you have a meltdown or it’s making you ill.
Here are some of the warning signs and symptoms of stress:
|Cognitive Symptoms||Emotional Symptoms|
|• Memory problems
• Inability to concentrate
• Poor judgment
• Seeing only the negative in life
• Anxious or racing thoughts
• Constant worrying
• Persistent, negative thoughts
• Racing thoughts, constantly busy mind
• Irritability or short temper
• Agitation, inability to relax
• Feeling overwhelmed
• Sense of loneliness and isolation
• Depression or general unhappiness
• Becoming easily agitated, frustrated
• Difficulty relaxing
• Feeling bad about yourself (low self-esteem), lonely, worthless
|Physical Symptoms||Behavioural Symptoms|
|• Diarrhea or constipation
• Nausea, dizziness
• Chest pain, rapid heartbeat
• Low energy
• Upset stomach, including diarrhea, constipation and nausea
• Aches, pains, and tense muscles
• Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
• Frequent colds and infections
• Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
• Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ears
• Cold or sweaty hands and feet
• Excess sweating
• Dry mouth and difficulty swallowing
|• Eating more or less
• Sleeping too much or too little
• Isolating yourself from others
• Neglecting responsibilities
• Using alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs to relax
• Nervous habits (e.g. nail biting, pacing)
• Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
• Not enjoying anything
• Losing your temper more than usual
• Excessive exercising
• Constantly looking for distractions
The result can be physical ill health, poor mental health, problems with relationships, sleep and work can suffer. Until eventually you hit a wall and you just have to take action.
But it doesn’t have to be like this. You can change it. By learning good, effective stress management techniques.
Book a complimentary call with me now to discuss how we can work together to make you better at stress that you can get better at stress – and cope with whatever life throws at you.
Or contact me via email: